Wednesday, April 26

A Lofty bed


Hey

So my furniture got delivered the next day. That was sunday. The guys came
around 1 o'clock, giving me enough time to shove all the boxes into my room
and run to work. Even 12 blocks away at work, I could feel the presence of
those 7 boxes. The two delivery guy were catching their breath after
bringing them up to the apartment. How would I fare transforming them from
cardboard boxes in to the furniture that i have been waiting for? Where is
my magic wand??
Well it is wednesday now and I have built the dresser, corner wall unit,
small table for my computer, wardrobe, and bed frame. Not bad considering I
did it all my self after coming home from a 10 hour shift! For some reason,
I am just really good at putting ikea furniture together. Until right now. I
think that i have met my match.
I got a loft bed, yeahhhh loft bed, so cool, 6 feet off the ground, you can
put other furniture underneath it!wow, that's so cool. And guess what
megan... you have to put it together! Until I can find someone to help me, I
am stuck. The thick (harry potter thick) manual says that you have to build
the mattress holder part of the bed first(done) then you have to build the
posts that support it, then lift the mattress part up and through the post 6
feet up their. Oh my god, I am going to be sleeping on the floor for the
rest of my life!
Where is rob smith when you need him (hahaha..ex boyfriend jab!)
So i think that I am going to be extra sweet at work today and drop some
subtle hints. The guys at work seem pretty nice and I think that it may be a
possibility if i am willing to pay. At this point, no problem.
It snowed here last night. I was up late (3 o'clock) putting my bed
together, and didn't turn on the heater. I woke up freezing. Seriously cold.
I didn't want to turn on the heater though because i had all my furniture
pushed up right against it. So I went with out it. I was in a small ball
form with the blankets over my head for most of the night. I have to get
that bed set up soon!
I am going out for a drink tonight with the sous chef to dish my feelings
on the kitchen and staff. I really like it so far. Everyone is nice. I have
to be more firm than i have been before with the guys. They say some really
crass stuff around me that i rather they wouldn't, and they seem to think
that its ok to touch me, like poke me or rub my back and that sort of thing.
I'm not ok with it. Its nice sometimes to be one of the only girls in the
kitchen, when something is to heavy or too high up. But once people think
that they can treat you a certain way, you respect from them is gone. I need
these guys to trust me, and realize that I know what I am doing in the
kitchen. I need their respect do that we can work together as a team.
ao anyways, I think that I am going to bring some of these things up.
wish me luck with my full plate, and empty bed
lots of love
megan

No comments: