
I think, and cross you fingers for me please, that the bed bugs are.... gone?I spoke to the landlord last week and he said he was sending the fumigator of Friday or Saturday. My roommates and spend the whole week doing laundry emptying rooms, and pulling furniture away from the walls. I think my grand total was 10 loads of laundry. Ten loads in on week with no washer or dryer in house is a bit of a chore. We wanted to kill these suckers this time (pun intended).It was a busy week! It was hectic at work as well. Late nights galore.
I was tempted to go out on Friday night but thought better, I still ended up getting home late, 2:30. Knowing that the fumigator was going to be arriving at 9:30 am, I had a few last minute things to do (getting more laundry ready). I fell asleep with my gym clothes on at 4:00am. I awoke on Saturday morning to a light knocking on my door. I knew exactly who it was, and the importance that I get up right away. The fumigator was early! 8:40 and 9:30 are a world of difference when you wake up with a 10 ton brick of sinus pain sitting on your face. I ignored my roommate for a few minutes, thinking that there was no way that she would climb up and pull me out of bed. hahaha. I was safe.
then the reality kicked in. Yeah you feel like crap, you cant breath through your left nostril, and the only thing in the world that could save you now is sleep. That sucks, but... There is a man here that is going to kill the bugs sucking you blood at night. "Get your lazy ass up girl!" ok.

I got up. Thank god I was already dressed. I was so tired and out of it. I don't think I would have had the energy to dig through my 8 garbage bags of laundered clothes to come up with an outfit. I threw on a hat and set out to do my last 2 loads of laundry. In between washing and drying, I went to the drug store for advil cold and sinus and shampoo , conditioner.... So that I could have a shower at my gym before I went to work.
I got to my gym at around 11:00. Some how I managed to do 30 minutes of cardio. I recovered in the steam room for a very long time and tired to "sweat it out". I was as red as a pomegranate when I go out and felt a tiny bit better. I had a shower, and headed to work.
218 reservations, a new cook as your entrimentier( veg/starch cook), and 20 lbs of beef cheeks to clean, is not a warm welcome for any cook, fever or not. My sous chef came over and felt my forehead. He said that after I set up for service, we could talk about me going home early. I nearly cried. I had nowhere to go, if I did want to go home early. My house was off limits with bug killing fumes at that point. I stayed for my full shift. I needed the adrenaline rush of a busy service to keep me from crashing.
After piecing the kitchen back together after such a busy night, I was not looking forward to my home looking the same way. I got home around 2:00. I nearly tripped over the bags of laundry that I had thrown in the door earlier that morning(not wanting to inhale too many fumes). I lugged the bags past the deconsrtucted living room, and to my "powdered" room. I guess that the fumigator used a new technique this time as there was a thin powder following the baseboards all around the house. I am going to leave it there for a few more days just in case. I made up my bed and put the living room back together. When I finally got to bed it was 3:30. AAhhhhh. Where does the time go?

It has been 2 sleeps since that night and I don't have any new bits so..... Keep you fingers crossed for me that this problem is finally solved. Because if I wake up tomorrow with a red itchy welt on my arm, that's it, its over, I am surrendering and coming home, even if I have to walk!
4 comments:
don't know how you managed to write this given all you've been up to in the last few days, but I'm glad to see your sense of humour's intact -- bet you can't wait for those days off on Tuesday and Wednesday!
okay megan, you just motivated me to get to the gym. If you can do it with a sinus infection, after a long night of battling bedbugs and just before a shift at work then I think I can manage to make it after spending an entire day in bed watching movies and reading...! look at me go, hah.
meg,
hope all your hard work pays off. have a great night's sleep
rachel
Wow, Megan, you are really someone to admire--what stamina and perseverance. Love you, GrandmaS
Post a Comment