Monday, July 10

Happy Birthday


Good morning.
Its my birthday today. I am 24. Yeah!

I moved into my new place 3 days ago. I have already painted the kitchen and the living room. I hung curtains and changed the blinds on the door. I like it here.
I hired movers to help me get my stuff from one location to another. I had an appointment for 10 am. I got up at 8:30 that morning after packing the previous night and getting to bed around 4. I was tired. I wanted the move to go as quickly as possible because I was paying by the hour. I thought that if I started to take my bed apart, I could save the time it would take for them to do it.
NOTE TO SELF: Do no attempt to take apart a LOFT bed by YOURSELF when you are so tired that you can't keep your eyes open. I am such and idiot when I am tired. I was taking out screws not thinking at all that they were what was supporting the bed frame. CRASH!!!!!!!!! The whole frame (about 80lbs)came crashing 6 feet down to the wood floor. I got instant goose bumps. I just shut the door and walked out of the room.
At 10:30 when the movers hadn't showed up yet I was kinda pissed I woke up so early. 3 hours and 4 phone calls later when the still hadn't showed up I was too tired and stressed to be mad. They finally showed up at 1:07. It took them 1 and 1/2 hours to get the stuff moved. They didn't have time to help me set my bed up. The one guy who seemed to be in charge, said that he would come back the next day and help me set up my bed, as a birthday present (I mentioned that it was my birth in a couple of days and he mentioned his birthday is on the 13th). I wasn't really sure if he was offering to do it for free, but I said sure anyways.
Next day...
The guy called me in the after noon and said that he would be over later to help me put the bed together. I called Jen and asked her to come over and see the place with the new paint, and to be there just in case the guy was a freak. She didn't want to at first because she thought that she would be intruding. This could be a possible "Date". I told her that I would give her a signal if I wanted her to go, but to get her but over to my place in the mean time.
Jen showed up first. She loves the paint! The guy showed up a bit later. I showed him how to put the bed together. He was really patient. That's a good trait to have when working with/for me putting together a huge, heavy, "why the hell did I buy that " bed. 2 hours later it was together, and we were all sweating and panting. I thanked him profusely and gave him a beer.
I hadn't eaten much that day and jen and I were going to go for dinner, so I invited him to come. I thought that if I paid for a meal then we could be close to even for his help in putting the bed together. We all went to a diner and I paid. It was getting late and Jen had to work the next morning so she headed home. He still had his tools at my house so he came back to get them.
I told him that I would call him(though I probably wouldn't) but that I didn't have his number. He came across the room and took my phone from me and showed me how to program his number in my phone(like I didn't already know?!!). It was really funny because he put his hand on my back while he was showing me. Its not like he was teaching me to play tennis. All of the sudden , both his hands were on me and I was facing him. I am really still not sure how that happened. Nor and I sure how or why I ended up kissing him. He was kinda cute I guess. He was all over me. It was really hard to keep from laughing. He was kissing me really fast and all passionate like. Then he decides to pick me up and wrap my legs around him. OH my god, so funny! I was laughing out loud at this point. He took my laughter as encouragement and would giggle back. Idiot! I am laughing at you. He made some comment about how my neighbor's could see us. I took this opportunity to ask him to "put me down then!".
I walked over to the door and opened it hopping that he would get the hint.
"Ok, so I'll call you then" please leave please leave please leave......
He got his tools together and tried to make out with me again at the door.
Wanker! Go home.
When he left, I went into the bathroom (in case he could see into the place from the street) and laughed at what had just happened. I was really funny.
The guy, a stranger to me, helped me put my bed together for free. I owed him something. There is no way that I would have slept with him, but I thought a kiss wouldn't be a big deal.
Anyways,
He is gone now. Its my birthday and I am going to get to the gym and then go shopping. I have dinner plans later. It should be a chill day.
lots of love
megan

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL..megan, I'm still laughing. I woke up laughing...just cause I thought of how you couldn't even take a second from your giggle fit to breathe and tell me the story. Anyway, I'll talk to you after work..have an amazing day...HAPPY 24th!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Megan!
and thanks for showing us your apartment -- which looks great! -- and for another entertaining story.
Guys! how entitled does he think he is -- of course he should get to make out with you -- after all, he helped you move . . .
and the hand-on-the-back move, a classic, and so smooth -- if, as you say, he was teaching you tennis -- a bit less credible for showing you how to program your phone (but isn't it nice to have a big strong man show you how to do it right?)
sounds as if you had some fun as you manoeuvred him out the door -- did he get that you out-smoothed him or does he still think you're very into him and he just has to show up again to get lucky! Anyway, have a great birthday with some good adventures and some big treats -- let us know how it goes.
love you lots, mom

Anonymous said...

happy birthday,
I love the green what a cheery colour to come home to. Hopefully your phone has call display so you're warned not to answer if creepy helper guy hasn't gotten the hint and decides to call you.
hilary

Anonymous said...

happy birthday! (thanks for the text). your place looks super cute - you must be so happy to have a place of your own again. ttyl, love Bronwen

Anonymous said...

megan! happy birthday!!! your life in montreal sounds so crazy and exciting! i love reading your blog, it's like a serial novel or something. i wish i was better at keeping in touch, but i always feel so silly because life out here is so dull compared to your wild adventures. anyway, glad to hear that you got through grand prix okay.
christine

girlcook said...

Thanks for all the birthday wishes! You guys made mt birthday that much better!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday,
Nice photos; you're place looks rad. I think that buddy got hooked up: a beer, a meal, and a kiss from the birthday girl. All he had to do was set up a bed... You're too generous. Have a great birthday!

Anonymous said...

Your place looks wonderful. Glad you got moved in okay. You sound very tired so hope you get a nice rest now. Happy 24th Birthday, Megan . Hope you got my card. I hope you are keeping all your notes and put it into a book some day. Your letters are really interesting. Love you, GrandmaS

Anonymous said...

i'm looking at your photos again and trying to figure out how the nook with your loftbed in it fits with the rest of the apartment . . . can you clarify for me?
and it looks as if your balcony/patio or whatever looks right onto the street -- are you on the ground floor?
and did you have a great birthday?
hope so, love, mom