Thursday, August 10

I took my camera for a walk yesterday. I wanted to take candid pictures of strangers. I got shy and ducked into an alley.
These are some random alley pics.
There is so much art in my life. My camera is like a beautiful antique gold frame burning a hole in my handbag. When I throw that frame on my subject BAM, instant art.



This is the bottom of a lamp post at St. Laurent and St. Viateur. Can you imagine the big light bulb over his head?










I discovered these guys inconspicuously keeping watch over the alley at the top of a newly renovated fence. You don't want to mess with them!

















The light on the wall reminded me of sunlight being reflected off the ocean in the early afternoon. This shrub was jittering all around with the gust of wind coming up the alley. The tulips kept their modest composure , holding up the wall.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm mesmerized by that last photo (the others are great as well, and remind me of some we saw in Paris -- think I sent you one of Dad standing in front of a neat wall)

But that whitewashed square with the tulips is great -- both the painted-on tulips and that brave shoot of a shrub speak back to the hard urban surfaces -- with the sunshine and shadows, they seem very optimistic to me. And I really like the composition, the way you've framed this -- that camera's really paying off, no?
I enlarged the picture on my computer screen and suspect it might even blow nicely up to 8X10 for printing off and putting up on your lovely green walls.
thanks for cheering up my day

btw, I'd love to see someone else beat me to the comments here! -- Challenge, anyone?

girlcook said...

I am so glad that you like the tulips.
It was awesome to stumble across. The shrub was all over the place, it was pretty windy. It was almost like the shrub was being chased by the sun and shadows. It was the same way that a kid runs away from its mother, darting this way and that. "try and catch me".
The tulips stationary in the background would be the mother waiting knowingly for the child to tire out and stand still.
Then again, its just red and green paint on a brick wall.

Anonymous said...

wow, your pictures and words are very poetic meg.

a ray of sunshine on this cloudy day.

by the way, I think I was first with my comment on the last post.

have a great day

rachel

Anonymous said...

that last photo is really striking. it reminds me of that scene from american beauty where the kid is videotaping the plastic bag that's blowing around in the wind, and he says "sometimes there's so much beauty in the world."