
Hey guys!
I am planning to do some pickling this week. I went to the market today and Picked up a variety of peppers, both hot and mild, some red beets, tomatillos, and some tiny potatoes .
I am going to try and find some mason jars tomorrow and can my goods.
Does anyone have any advice or secret recipes?
If not then wish me luck and wait for pics
megs
6 comments:
my only advice/concern is what you already know, I think -- canning the low-acid stuff (the beets? potatoes?) is always risky without a pressure cooker 'cause of the risk of botulism. It's why I gave up making antipasto every year.
I look forward to seeing what you make and maybe even sampling the wares eventually.
love, mom
Okay Meagan, I surrender. You are one amazing woman. I would never even consider pickling. I only see it as a huge job with a big mess to clean up. I must say however that I do enjoy the fruits of other people's labour. Pickled asparagus, beans, garlic.....yummm!
remember "larry's party" meg? I'd do some research online first ;)
my friend Rita who pickles and cans tons of stuff, says to tell you not to forget the salt.
have fun,
rachel
YES I remember Larrys party! But I can't avoid my life long dream of becoming a master pickler because a bean can I?
hey megan,
I am so excited to sample the fruits of your labours!
winnie sends you a kiss. she's been drooling quite a bit lately, which is kind of gross and cute at the same time.
can't wait to see you!
kris
Post a Comment