Thursday, December 14

I have a secret

Hey there
I have a secret that I am not quite ready to reveal to you guys. This secret is almost bursting out of me! I would love to blog about this secret but, I can't just yet. So... To tide you guys over I am going to tell you instead about the wonderful lunch that Sarah and I enjoyed yesterday.
<
Sarah and I visited a small, and very fantastic restaurant called Montee De lait ( ask around and see if you can translate it amongst yourselves first before I tell you the funny English translation).


We were venturing there to get some motivation for work. Sarah and I are both at our wits ends at Globe, and needed a bit of a culinary pick up. I had been to Montee de Lait before with Al. I knew that the food was inspiring for me then, and would hit the spot on a clod and windy December day in Montreal. I was right. It turns out that Montee de Lait is the place to go for a delicious, inexpensive, overly wonderful lunch. We both ordered a 3 course tasting menu for....wait for it... 20$!



OH MY GOD, that was a good deal, check it out:





I had sliced rare tuna with olive cream and arugula to start




Bacon wrapped bavette with foie gras risotto and olive oil
>

Coffee pot au creme, chocolate pudding and jack Daniels milk shake for dessert





It was such a lovely lunch. Sarah and I were the only people there under 30, and 15 percent of the people there under 45. The small 30 seat restaurant was bustling with friends getting together for lunch before the holidays. There were about 4 tables of woman sharing stories and laughing together. I was reminded of my mother and her friends when they would get together for book groups. It got me thinking that a good way of staying and/or keeping in touch with the people that I meet in my profession, is to start a club. So I have decided to replace the literary books, with cook books, and start a cooking club. So because my friends Sarah and Rajeev and I already meet 3 time a month to have and host breakfast... I called the club the Breakfast Club.
if anyone is interested in joining, then you have to join facebook first... then come see me
OK go have a great day
megs

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! this place looks really good and what a deal -- you'll have to bring me there next time I'm in Montreal.
Can't wait to hear your secret -- guessing it could be another contest (speaking of which, prizes?? dad's hasn't arrived yet, busy girl)
You'll have to post sometime about the culinary adventures of your Breakfast Club -- maybe some yummy recipes too!

Anonymous said...

well i know our secret, and i tried to post before and be the first, but it seems your mom's luck just never runs out...and i am tiffed that i have not been invited to join the breakfast club.

girlcook said...

Only two comments on the last post, you guys.... If you want to hear the secret you are going to have to comment

Anonymous said...

I'm with your mom, can't wait to hear the secret. no really can't wait to hear the secret. tell us the secret. okay what's the secret. the distracting with great pictures and ideas about the Breakfast club did not work.. WHAT'S THE SECRET. (look I have to wait until feb. for Lost to come back on TV and I can't take any more suspense...)
hilary

Anonymous said...

Megan, this sounds like a real find and I have put it on my list for the next visit to Montreal. So what is the english translation - "the milk rises". Love Dad

Anonymous said...

your dad can't resist a puzzle, so he got me going and I got googling and I'd say we're talking a dairy production term which I can also relate to from my baby-nursing days -- something like the milk coming in, how does that term translate?
and I'm with Hilary, except I'm waiting for the next Grey's Anatomy and it's taking forever so, yeah, no more suspense. We want to know the secret!

girlcook said...

actually, the term translates to "milking" as in breast feeding. Weird hey!