Wednesday, August 29

ok ... I'm thinking about it


Wow.... this kinda feels good. Like old favorite pair of jeans good( when they still fit good...wow!)

I miss posting.

I was super reluctant to start blogging again after it got me into so much hot water ( I love cooking puns) in Montreal with my job. I am honest... and not everybody loves that. You guys do though so I think that I am going to go ahead and "risk it " again.

Since moving back to Vancouver from B.C I have already burned (lol!) through one job and a butcher/sous chef at So.cial in Gastown. . I didn't want to blog there because I was working with a lot of people that I have respect for and was afraid that they could misinterpret my intentions with the blog and get offended. So thus, no post for months and months. Too bad too because there was some great DRAMATIC stuff!!!

Quotes such as

"PRINCIPAL MEGAN, PRINCIPAL... YOU'RE FUCKING ONE OF MY COOKS!!!!" As bellowed to me in the dining room by my chef about my current boyfriend who is a cook at the sister restaurant Ocean617.

or priceless butcher shop moments like the one where I Jenny filmed me dancing with a lamb carcass to the (s)hit list radio station that we played in there. The song was called insatiable.

Well I guess that I am going to have to work on catching you up won't I?


Well, I now have a new job. I am currently training to be the head chef at a new restaurant that will be opening in November. I don't think that I am ready to divulge the name of the place. Those of you who do know... please keep it under your hats until I am ready.


So. I am back, I promise drama... but I am going to have to be a bit more careful about it this time around. I think that I can manage that.



3 comments:

materfamilias said...

Welcome back! You're having fun already, I see, but I see little evidence that you're being "careful"!!
You're not inviting Grandma again, are you? 'cause there's grandma/granny and then there's the f-word! Y'know?
always loving you and your dramatic style, mom

Bronwen said...

yay! you're back! can't wait for the drama...

Carol Matthews said...

Hey Megan, We won't pass on the name of the restaurant but we are sure keen to go there, so keep us posted. We'll check the blog. Glad to see you are back at it -- and yes, your Mum is an inspiration. She's the blogqueen really. But... she wasn't in swimming earlier when the neighbours on both sides were!
Look forward to your ongoing blogging. Add lots of photos.
Love, c.