Wednesday, April 26

apartment hunting


I went to see some more apartments today. I am hoping to get a place somewhere in the plateau. The plateau is an awsome area of Montréal. Packed with culture, music, art and food. I found a place today and said that I would take it. Now I just have to sign a lease agreement until august(although it looks as if T will stay there for a while)and get the keys for april 1st. The apartment is a brick walk up and the appartment is on the 2nd floor.Picture a brick building two stories high, with a staircase winding up to the second floor on the outside of the building. When you open the door there is an area to take off your shoes and coats, then another staircase up to the suit. The apartment is older with lots and lots of character. the floor are light coloured wood (pine, cedar?). There are three bedroom and a large living room, and small office and a great bathroom with a sky light. They just painted the place so it is nice and tidy, just the way that I like things to be in my house. The girl that I met seems fabulous. she is studing art history, the other girl that I haven't met yet is studying creative writing. The seem very respectful of each others space, and they are both at school full time.wish me luck on this one. They said yes, and i said yes, but I have been screwed over with that once before here but I am being optimistic!!!!I start work on tuesday and it would be nice not to have to worry about the house situation!
Mom,I need that number for lindsay if you can please get it! its crunch time.
Rachael and jim, sounds like you meal at chambar was wicked ( but sorry, no contest with au pied de cochon)bronwen and kris, smother my cat with hugs and kisses!
Rhi, i havet seen jean paul jean yet, but i am looking
all the schmidts, thanks so much for your well wishes and encouragement!
joey, sorry that we missed you at the bon voyage
Caitlin, you are going to be so happy not to have to trudge around in the snow, knocking on peoples doors, to meet them and see their appartments only to find that there is pizza on the floor, wet towels on the bathroom floor, and smoke billowing out of dark rooms from god know what kind of drugs!.... " thanks i will think about it, yeah its nice... i'll let you know" Hurry up and get here!
Benny, everybody thinks my new knife is rad!
Christine, i will get you the adress soon. i cant wait for my package, yours is going to be sweet!
lots of love
megs

No comments: