Wednesday, April 26

The Globe



I started work two days ago and man,there is a huge kitchen staff at Globe. Since the restaurant seats 150 people, and with events like Grand Prix where they can do up to 700 people in one night, they need the staff.
There is the hot side with 1 person on meat and sauces, and they have a cook doing entrimentier ( veg and starch) for the sauce station. Then there is the fish guy, who also has an entrimentier. There are two people on Garde manger (aka appys) one for the hots and one for the colds. there is a person who shucks oysters and does the "raw bar" ( cold seafood bar). There is a pastry chef and his helper. then there are the part timers who cover the full timers days off. wow!
I have met so many people since I got here. Hopefully I remember all their names, and dontpiss any of them off. I start doing the fish station today. Yesterday and the day before, I was working on the new bar menu, and preparing 800 canapes for an event at the hotel (le goudin, same owners as globe). I am happy to be starting the fish station. It will be nice to work 5 days a week and have something that is my own. I cant wait to move into my place. I am getting really TIRED of sleeping( or not really sleeping at all) on a couch. I am super grateful to be able to stay here with my friend dan, but
I really want to be able to come home after work and go into my room, and shut the door! Everything seems to be coming together for me here. I have saturday off, then I work straight through until thursday. Now I just need it to be april first so that I can move into the apartment. patience. Well I think that I am going to try and go for a run before I go to work. SoI will talk to you later.
lots of love
megs

No comments: