Wednesday, April 26

To market to market...


Hey BC, what's shakin'?

It was my day off today. I was super tired when i woke up but i tried to
make the most of my morning, and got up, and tired to go shopping. I went
dow st. catherines street. Its a bit like robson street. Mostly name brand
store. With the short distance to the states and the money difference, the
street was packed with Yanks!!!!! I heard this guy say to his tow buddies,
"dude, man, all the girls here are hot, i haven seen one ugly chick since i
got here". I thought that was funny. Its true though. The woman here all
have an awsome confidence that radiates and draws attention to them. Its
inspiering, they can pull of any outfit, any hair style, hat , make up, you
name it, they look georgeous wearing it. I think that is why montreal is so
fashionable, everyone is doing their own thing, and taking cues from each
others style, such visual mosaic.
Dan an i went to the Jean talon market today. Wow! it is about 3 times the
size of granville island. There is a lot going on. When we arrived, i bought
a frsh made maple sucker. there was a man with a bed of crushed ice, pouring
maple syrup on it and when it started to harden , he rolled it up onto the
end of a popsicle stick. yum. We strolled trhough the many produce stands.

Dan bought an apple from a many selling at least 15 varieties of apples.
When i finished my maple stick , I needed an apple to battle the maple taste
in my mouth, wehn i asked how much a russet apple was, the guy told me it
was a present, merci beaucoup!(dan was chiked that he had to pay for his).
We went to a portuguese store and bought some tender flat bread with a
sesame and lemony tasting spice mix caked on top. Then i went to a middle
eastern import shop, and bought some sous cous, and curry paste for the
veggie curry that i made for dinner. (it was super good by the way). We
stopped in to drool at the chocolate shop, i really wanted the coconut and
coriander truffle, but i was still recovering from the maple. the chocolates
were beautiful. Each little chocolate(say an inch by and inch) had the
ingriedient stenciled on top. Basil and lemon in green writing, raspberry
coulis in red, green tea,ginger.... well you get the idea. hey, you mouth is
watering too.
I work again tomorrow, until thursday. I have friday and saturday off and i
will hopefull be moving into my place on saturday. Work has been fun. Now
that i am starting feel comfortable with everyone in the kitchen i can relax
a little. The hours for this job are a bit different than i am used to. I
start about 2:00-2:30 and work until 1:00. no joke. The restaurant is
actually refered to as a super club. That means that around 11:00 onwards,
they crank the music and people go sensory overload with music, drinks and
food. Its not my style of dining, but hey, it means that i can here the
music in the kithchen, and after 9 hours of my shift, i dont mind grooving
to a little madonna to get my second wind!
i have to go and get my laundry ready for tomorrow moring.
oh, did i mention that it was warm and sunny here today, like take off your
coat warm? I came here just in time, These people have been living
undergroung for the last 7 months .hibernation is over, they are ready to
party, and i'm gonna tag along.
lots of love
megs

No comments: