I received a phone call today from Sacha telling me that I don't have to come in for the rest of my shifts. He also told me that if I need to get stuff from my locker, that I should come in and clean it out before anyone else gets there.
I think that I just got fired. !?
any comments? my head is still spinning, what do you all think?
Wednesday, February 21
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Hi,
Can't get fired, you already quit -- make sure they remember that!
But seriously, you need to stay glad that you took the high road and stayed true to your own values. For those values, in the past, you've been recognized by classy places like The Raincity Grill, that treated you really well when you moved on -- ditto The Vancouver Club. If Globe can't be equally classy in saying goodbye(and we still don't know that's true -- it may just be Sacha trying to get his licks in, right?), then you can feel really vindicated in your decision to leave.
Don't respond in kind, though. Go out with class if you can, girl.
Love, Mom
meg,
your mom is a very wise lady, keep your head up and the smile on your face.
can't wait for you to get back to town,
lots of love,
rachel
hey megan,
I agree with your mom's comments. I don't know much about the situation, but it kind of sounds like someone is trying to get in a dig before you go. I know you care a lot about doing the best work possible, and it probably feels like a slap in the face, but I don't think you should take it to heart. It sounds like they don't deserve you. and on the bright side, you don't have to deal with the last few days of hassles at work (which you were so sick of), and you have a bit more time to knock off moving-related tasks, and you have an exciting new job adventure ahead of you. Looking forward to seeing you! Winnie sends love!
x,
kris
thanks guys
Ditto what your mom and Rachel said. I'm not an employment standards expert, but wouldn't they still have to pay you for those shifts anyway since you've given them notice?
BTW Can you tell us where you'll be working when you get here? Can't wait to check out your culinary skills.
love leona
Post a Comment