Well , I think I am ready to come home now. I have sold all the furniture, packaged and sent home 4 Rubbermaid containers of my stuff, and cancelled all my services here in Montreal. All that I have left to do is to package up my computer and my bedding and send them home-Vancouver!
I am so excited to be coming back to the glorious mountains and the beautiful blue ocean. They both have a magnificent way of putting me in place. I had a great time here in Montreal, as you can all attest to. I learned a lot about patience and self worth. I may have learned these things the hard way ( true to Megan form), but the important thing for me to remember now is that I did in fact learn. I learned to compromise without having to settle. I learned patience is a virtue, especially when you are waiting for your boss to magically appear (smelling , no reeking of alcohol). I realised that being called "granola" and "hippie" or "tree hugger" aren't insults, they are motivation.
I am moving back to Vancouver with at least one thing under my belt. I learned how to Party, how to drink champagne, and how to drink grappa straight from the bottle. I am making a promise to myself to have more fun in Vancouver this time around. I am going to do more, be more.
That means more of the art galley, more artigiano, grouse mountain, the sea wall, the north shore, Robson, gas town.... shopping, eating, and yes! to all that want to join in... PARTYING!
oh, and by the way, about them having to pay me my full two weeks notice:
I got a call from one of the owners( the one who I gave my notice to) and he said that I gave my notice on the 1st, so this means that the 2 week period would have already been up by the time that they asked me not to come back in. I actually gave my notice a week later, on the 8th. When I told him this, he said if he would pay me if I could prove my notice was from the 8th. He said that it wasn't about the money, he didn't care about money, it was the principal. Oh my god, whatever. I left of by saying thanks for everything, and that I do care about money, because I am financially not in a position to say otherwise.
So we'll have to see what happens when the cheque arrives.
Saturday, February 24
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
well i'm glad montreal showed you how to loosen up and party...among other things
Megan,
Sorry I havn't posted.
I'm glad that Montreal taught you to Party (among other things). Looking forward to your glorious return. (make sure to say the word "glorious" like Will Farell would)
Hi,
You'll be packing up your computer about now, so you may not see this 'til you're back with us in Vancouver. As Leona requested, maybe you could soon fill us in on your next gig -- maybe we should try to do a family night there once Sean gets his place going -- we'll fill those tables!
love, Mom
Post a Comment