Friday, February 16

I hate packing

So,

After a tumultuous ( i know you can't believe it) week, full of chicken pox, shingles, and packing... I am finally ready to buy my plane ticket to come back home to B.C.
It was a difficult week because on top of having to find someone to take over the lease on my apartment, list my furniture on craigslist and start to sell it, contact my landlord ( who of course is out of the country right now), and start to tie up the little loose ends, Rajeev got chicken pox. Well at least he thought he had chicken pox. He found a weird scratch on his neck and went to see a dermatologist. It turns out that it is shingles, which is linked to chicken pox. This all happened on Tuesday and Wednesday, my days off. I have learned to screen my calls on my days off. Good thing I did this week. It turns out the Sacha has never had chicken pox before, he explained this to me in about 6 messages that he left on my phone over Tuesday and Wednesday. He told me that he HAS chicken pox, and that I was going to nee to cover for him for "a while". HELLO, Sacha. I gave my notice, I stopped caring, and besides Rajeev had also called me to tell me that he had a doctors note from the head of the department stating that he was not in fact contagious and that he could return to work immediately. Now I am not sure if Sacha was just trying to milk the pox for potential time off or what, but I made sure that Rajeev came back to work on Thursday.
When I got to work yesterday Sacha asked me if I had gotten his messages, to which I replied coolly, "yup, all of them".
" and you decided not to call me back?"
"nope, it was my days off"
"yeah but..."
" Sacha, look, Rajeev doesn't have chicken pox, he has shingles, he is not contagious, he has a doctors note, I don't believe that you have chicken pox, so NO, I didn't return your calls. "
That was that.
Well, that was yesterday, I have 7 days left in my sentence at Globe before I am free to go back to B.C.
I still have a lot of work to do, selling, packing and sending off my stuff.
Wish me luck.
see you soon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My sympathies -- sounds like lots to do in a short time.