Hi there
Yesterday sucked. The night before I had offered my place to Rajeev to crash at so that he didn't have to take the 3 hour trip back to the west island of Montreal from the downtown where we work. I kinda forgot that I don't have a couch for him to sleep on, so I had to share my bed with him... All 6+" snoring boy of him. I didn't have the best sleep.
Turns out that I could have really used that sleep. By the time I got to work at 2:00, all that I could think about was going back to sleep 12 hours later. I was weak and weepy. I noticed that my usually freakish "kitchen girl strength" was deteriorating as the day wore on. The heavy lifting I do, that I don't blink at then seemed like the hardest thing in the world yesterday. I slipped on the stairs carrying chicken down stairs and screwed up my right arm. When I got back up stairs and tried to dispose of the fat from my grease bucket ( it is in a big steel bucket that weighs about 40 lbs). I made it halfway across the kitchen before I set down my heavily shaking hand and started to cry... In front of everyone.
Later in the evening, to add insult to injury, a little grey mouse, making a mad dash to the safety of the far corner, ran right across my foot. I yelped, and turned red. OK, for someone who bases their "look" on being strong, it was a very vulnerable moment.
Whatever, 6 days to go and counting. Bring on the bull shit.
I sold a few more little items and now as the sweat beads on my forehead with he daunting task of selling a loft bed(!?) I have to leave you and make some calls
Saturday, February 17
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
good luck with that -- hope Sean will appreciate the work you're putting into moving in such a short time frame. Take care of that sore arm and don't worry about the weepies.
love, mom
you could always offer to help whoever buys your bed to put it together again (kidding!)
At least you had the sense to set the bucket of grease down. I can just picture the scene if you had dropped it on the floor. Now that would have made for a funny story -well maybe not so much at the time but still!!!
take care and good luck selling the bed
rachel
Post a Comment