
To go lateral for the sake of learning and new experiences( and a bit more money) or to go "forward" in the eyes of others for their sake?
ahhh the questions that are playing bumper cars in my head!
Well, it would seem that I have myself in a bit of a pickle. I am not totally stoked on my new job. I am bored. There are virtually no aspects of this job that will allow me any creative freedom. SHIT. . . I AM creative freedom once in the kitchen. The food at this place is great, don't get me wrong. But it has a menu that only changes twice a year, and a recipe book that has to be followed to a T. There are other locations so the food has to be very consistent. Well, it is consisternt,and in high demand( as these restaurant are predictably busy). this doesn't leave me any room to showcase my talent. I feel that my talent bursts is in a kitchen with fresh, organic ingredients promoting local farmers. Sadly, the restaurant that I am at, for consistency sake uses only one supplier and gets most of the product in frozen, and pre prepared....not really my style.
sooooo
what to do?
I don't think that I will be happy working in an environment like this for a very long time.
I KNOW
If it makes this post any easier to read
Well, you might as well know, that I am not making any decisions, but I am exploring my options. Vancouver has opened about a million restaurants in the last year and I have a wicked resume, so... for now its back to the drawing board.
4 comments:
Megan. I think the solution is obvious: Flirt with one of the many Vancouverillonaires in your city and then have that person invest into a new restaurant for you to be the chef of.
Problem solved.
Advice from your aunt
Sounds like you already know what to do Meagan. As you said you are creativity in the kitchen. Never let your perceived judgments by others stop you from making the changes you need to make your life work for you.
Trust your own judgment, and if that doesn't work Zach's idea sounds reasonable.
I'm guessing mom's staying out of this one (or you have already talked offline?)
I know just the millionaire who might be able to help you - and it probably wouldn't take much flirting since we already know he has the hots for you ;)
seems obvious you will be leaving your job before long. I would just suggest you figure out a way to be a bit more certain the next one will be a good fit!
considering that you didn't give much weight to my opinion over the last two job changes, I think you can reassure Auntie Leona. It's really important that you be happy in your work, and you know what you need to do for that to happen -- I don't. Just remember that a killer resumé is only as good as the last few references and you don't want to get a reputation (Vanc'r's cooking community isn't so huge that news doesn't travel) for bailing and leaving folks in the lurch.
Post a Comment