Wednesday, December 19



Things just keep getting more and more exciting around here! The guides (dudes who ski and snowboard with the groups of Helli skiers) , the pilots, and the technicians are all here now. They arrived on helicopters the day before yesterday. I was happy to see them arrive because they all have level 3 first aide training and can assist me with changing the dressings on my thumb( which by the way is healing fantastically).

I took this shot yesterday from one of the chalets that I have been working in. I heard the chopper first and ran to grab my camera. Its a bit of a shaky shot ( i was soooo excited, sorry) and didn't quite capture the moment. The moment I am speaking of was awesome and dramatic. The helicopter was carrying a part for the other helicopter and it was hanging like this way up in the sky. The propellers whipped the snow off the ground and had it dancing all around the aircraft. Very very cool looking!


I am writing this post in the morning before I go back to work for the first time since the accident. I am thrilled. I am no fan of data entry, and odd jobs aren't my specialty. I'm a cook.

Wish me luck

and a dry thumb (no dishes)

2 comments:

materfamilias said...

So your life in Tyax is starting to pick up the pace -- have fun and let us know what the work is like

girlcook said...

12 hour day
homesick
pms
miss my boyfriend...
4.5 months to go! yay!