
When my boyfriend found out that I didn't start my kitchen career off as a dishwasher he said I wasn't a true cook.
I'm sure that I replied to that with something like " Just because I wasn't some pothead teenager looking to fund her bad habit, doesn't make that I am any less of a cook"
But it's kind of true. If you don't have any history with dish washing. You probably aren't as good a cook as you could be. It keeps you fast and organized. Having said that.... I have washed a lot of dishes this week. In fact, I remember now a thought that I had a few years ago. I could add dishwasher to my resume now, after becoming a sous chef.
ohhhh sous chef, so important, so respected, so glamorous, so B.S!
my poor prune hands
4 comments:
I think what I meant was you can't become a true cook until you fund your bad habits through dishwashing. So you still have a bit of work to do.
I tried my best to give you a good start when you were little -- lots of dishwashing opportunities came your way!
and p.s. 2 posts in a row -- Wow!
Let's see some Henry shots up here soon too . . .
Is that wheat Henry looks like after getting cleaned in a dishwasher?
I haven't checked in a while, but I'm glad I found you this morning! Congradulations on the new addition! I'm overwhelmed/swamped with grad school, its no excuse, but I will come over as soon as 'scholarly' possible .. ahhhh
Post a Comment