Sunday, April 30

Ditched for a Thumbsucker

Entertainer at the old port
Sorry, but I don't have a super cool restaurant review complete with picture like I had hoped to post. I was going to go for dinner at Anise with Josie, but she bailed. I went for a run and rented a movie instead of going by myself. I am ok with that though. Seeing as that I basically spent my whole paychecks the day after I got it( I got a digital camera!!!!!!!!!)I don't really have the funds to go out to a place like Anise, it will have to wait until my next pay period.

I rented a really great movie though. It is called Thumbsucker. It won tons of awards at the Sundance and Toronto film festivals. It has Benjamin Brat, Vince Vahn, The actress who played the white princess in the chronicles of narnia(I forget her name). It was fun. It was about parents vs child. It chronicled a family with parents called by their first names, and a father who was afraid of his sons intelligence. Aswell as the sons battle with thumbsucking, his debate coach and principals suggestion to go on riddilin for his "obvious" ADHD, and his triumphant success in national debate championship. Very good movie!
ok, back to the camera, here are the pics as promised...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like a good movie. congrats on buying your camera and getting these pics up - i like the one of the lion.

Anonymous said...

I love the photo of the bronze foot, especially the way the neutrals and darks frame the red of the bus and the green of the bushes in the mid-ground -- did you have to get down on the ground for the angle?