Sunday, April 30

Organ


Don't you just hate it when you get woken up early on your days off? Especially when it's to the sound of someone playing an organ in you living room! I know I do....
One of my roommates is moving to New York for the summer for an internship with a magazine. Her mom and step-dad where up form Toronto this weekend to help her pack stuff up and get her room ready. She is going to be subletting her room for the time she is away. She is storing her stuff in one of her rooms(yes she has two, as does my other roommate)and subletting out the other. Its kind of a tricky way of getting someone else to pay for her storage. When she is here she pays 370 for 2 rooms, and now that she is going, she is renting out one room for 400. She is making a profit.
whatever, that's not my concern.
My concern is/was the storm that just passed through out apartment. Apparently it was Ahsleys mom. Ashley mentioned that her mom was going to "visiting" for the weekend, and that she would be staying at a hotel. Visit, it turns out, is a metaphor for, change and add things to the apartment. Mom, actually means Mom and Boyd, her husband with the laugh that I can hear every 5 minutes through my paper thin wall. A touch flamboyant with a hint of disinterest. The kind of laugh that stays in your head all day. Not good.
Also not good, is the rearranging of everything in the apartment. My room is at the far end of the apartment. I have to walk through the living room to get to it, often in the dark, after work. No different was the other night, when I walked into the newly arranged coffee table and nearly fell into the person sleeping on the couch. Who was sleeping on the couch? I honestly don't know. Isn't it fun and exciting having roommates.
As it turns out, it was necessary for the coffee table to be in the middle of the walk through living room Now there is room for the organ. Yep, the organ. There is a small organ in my living room. Its kinda cool. I think that I like it. But I don't like being woken up to a duet on an organ with vocal accompaniment in my living room. Especially when 2 of them don't know how to play an organ, and the other one cant sing!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yikes -- I just entered a comment, went to preview it and it disappeared -- how irritating is that!
Anyway, what I said was that this entry is friggin' hilarious! I love the description of the "flamboyant with a hint of disinterest" guy -- sounds egocentric to me -- and egocentric with a bad laugh -- uh-oh!
But your apartment looks great -- a clean cheery white and well-organized kitchen -- seems like almost a worthwhile tradeoff for organs and roommates' parents and moving furniture!
Off to Paris tomorrow a.m. (love saying that!) so probably won't chat for a while -- not sure how much Internet time we'll manage.
Love, take care, chat soon.

Anonymous said...

Hi Megan, I like the organ too but not the coffee table. Love Dad

Anonymous said...

Yeah, so I'm the person she's profitting off of. that conniving b!tch..