Monday, November 13

Fantastic job!

I am so happy to see that you guys entered the contest after all. Wasn't it fun? Well I know that Mom, Bronwen, Kris and my Dad had fun. They took the contest one step further with an impromptu wine pairing. I am not sure of the wine they choose, but by the excited volume of their voices on the phone last night, I am guessing that it was pretty good.





Team Sprout-Mcdavid met last night and constructed acorn squash ravilois with ricotta and mixed wild rice. Mom concocted a lovely sounding sauce from caramelized shallots and Gorgonzola. I was informed that Dad made the pasta dough, Mom made the filling and sauce, Kris rolled and assembled the raviolis, while Bronwen manned the wine glass and gave encouraging words. Good for you Bronwen and gang. How was that Hip Hop for your ass anyway? " the pasta turned out really well, and the filling was delicious. "




Team Tarrant made very tasty looking raviolis that same weekend. Rachel and Jim curiously ended up producing cute little round(?) raviolis with scalloped(?) edges. I am not sure of the filling, but the tomato sauce with mushrooms and grated cheese looks delicious. This is what team Tarrant had to say about their accomplishments "there may be more attractive raviolis or gnoccis, and I'm sure there are tastier ones, but let me say in my defence, and i can assure you of this, none was prepared with more love than these."

Thanks so much for participating. I will be accepting late entries until the end of the month. The winner will be announced on December 1st. Stay tunned.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that team Tarrant should answer some skill-testing questions -- showing off with those cute little round raviolis with their scalloped edges and all!
Bet we had more fun though even if our ravioli have a certain authentic roughness to them!
Thanks for inspiring the fun, Meg.

Anonymous said...

I can see I should have used less lighting in my photos - clearly it showed off my ravioli in far too much detail.
rachel

girlcook said...

hahaha

Anonymous said...

great now my competitive nature is surfacing. guess I'm making ravioli this weekend.do you think I should start with the wine before attempting?
hilary

Anonymous said...

we highly recommend the wine!
(the Sprout/McDavid team)
right, team?

Anonymous said...

yep, i'm pretty sure that's what gave us our edge

Anonymous said...

I think we made a very good team, all round! Thanks again!

Kris